60 My Peeps
47 Peeps I Like
COTEJB

Jessica's Random Book Ramblings

My thoughts, my opinions. If you don't like then go away....Shoo!

God-Shaped Hole - Tiffanie DeBartolo 4.5 Stars. I would give it 5 but I hated the ending!! "When I was twelve, a fortune-teller told me that my one true love would die young and leave me all alone..."Now when a book starts off this way you know you are in for it....But what will happen? The suspense! Agh!! I love it when a book moves/affects me and this one certainly did. I felt their love, joy, pain...The book begins when Trixie answers a personal ad that Jacob placed in the newspaper.They meet up and really hit it off rather quickly. They know there is some sort of spark that they are meant to be. They are both rather awkward and funny but work so great together.They both have father issues and help each other try to work through those during their journey. His father is an alcoholic and her father left her mother for another woman. Their father issues tend to cause issues with the two of them as well. The book continues as their relationship progresses and they go through many different things. There are many passages in this book that are laughable but at the same time so deep and emotional in the feelings behind them.When it got to the major part in the book where everything goes down, I was:I can't give it a 5 because at the end I have still so many questions!! I feel that I need another chapter or something. What happened to Trixie? What happened with Jacobs book? Did he dedicate book to her? If so what did it say? Where did she finally wind up? August 2013 UPDATE - Big Thanks to Rosalinda for answering some of my questions with regard to this book! I don't feel as tortured about it now! Favorite quotes“Just knowing you exist changed the world for me.” "Commiting suicide so as not to be murdered is the worst reason I've ever heard of to die.""I was imploding in spirit. Exteriorly, I was perfectly composed. Inside, a bomb was discharging, but in slow motion. It was just a matter of time before the shrapnel began to rip my guts to shreds. Real annihilation happens from the inside out.""When I didn't hear back from God, I wheeled-and-dealed with the smaller people: Mary, Jesus, Joseph, Saint Anthony, Saint Frances, Saint Joan, Saint Michael, Saint Christopher, Adam, Eve, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. I even tried Moses and Noah. I cried out to every stupid holy person I'd ever heard of. And I don't know, maybe I half-expected one of them to show up and bargain with me a little but, as usual, I didn't get shit."