60 My Peeps
47 Peeps I Like
COTEJB

Jessica's Random Book Ramblings

My thoughts, my opinions. If you don't like then go away....Shoo!

Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1) - Dani Alexander 5 Hilariously Funny Stars!OMG Can you believe Jessica just read a book about a gay dude in love with a prostitute?What? Why does this bother you what I read?No seriously....This book starts off with 26 year old rich boy Detective Austin Glass who is engaged to an awesome defense attorney named Angelica. He learns after going to a restaurant on a lead and becoming entranced by a busboy named Peter that he might be gay. He then breaks off his engagement with Angelica and pursues Peter Cotton aka Rabbit. It's not so simple though since Peter is involved in a the case that Austin is working on. Many other friends/colleagues/family members get brought into the investigation. All along the way Austin is trying to determine what his relationship is with Peter.While there were many hilarious parts of this book you could also feel the emotion between Peter and Austin in the writing. I love books that can make you feel and I could feel how Austin was falling for Peter even though he was somewhat in denial. The Chapter titles alone are enough to make you want to read the book. I'm serious you will be:This book also has some great supporting characters! I love how Angelica was still a part of his life after their breakup and how eccentric but awesome Dani created Cai and Darryl to be. I can't wait to read Cai's book.A few ton of my favorite quotes:"Being gay wasn't like changing eye colors; you couldn't just get contacts and "Whammo!"--gayness. Point two for me. Not Gay.""Straight-so to speak-to gay. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Gay.""What I knew, beyond a doubt, was that if I continued to deny who I was, I'd end up with my service revolver in my mouth.""Even the road to Disneyland has potholes.""Band-Aid ripped off. Gay virginity out the window. Sexual tension eased.""whoa, hello. That's a penis.""Hard-ons don't make you think less. They make you think stupid. Which makes me think you must have one 24/7.” "Did you shoot him?" "With what? The bullets in my penis?"This book! Two thumbs up!I hope you read this and love it and then I can say: